Dato' Seri Nazri YBM sp - Opening Ceremony of KITF 2015
YB DATO’ SERI MOHAMED NAZRI ABDUL AZIZ
MINISTER OF TOURISM & CULTURE MALAYSIA
AT THE OPENING CEREMONY OF
THE KAZAKHSTAN INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL FAIR (KITF) 2015
21 APRIL 2015, TUESDAY, 11:00AM
KITF EXHIBITION HALL, ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN
Members of the travel trade fraternity,
Members of the media,
Ladies and gentlemen.
1. As Partner Country of the Kazakhstan International Travel Fair (KITF), the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia is pleased to bid all of you a warm welcome to the Official Opening Ceremony of KITF 2015.
2. Malaysia is delighted to be a part of the KITF once again, which marks our 14th year of participation in this major tourism fair in Central Asia. It is also a testament of our commitment to make Malaysia a premier destination for travellers from this region.
3. Our participation in the 15th edition of KITF this year is extra special. We are honoured and proud to be made the Partner Country, which I understand is the first time being offered to a country.
4. Malaysia is pleased to be given this golden opportunity, which is timely to promote the Malaysia Year of Festivals 2015 or MyFest to the Central Asian market.
5. It is the continuation of our Visit Malaysia Year 2014 campaign, which focuses on the cultural aspect of the many different festivals celebrated by Malaysia’s multi-cultural society. Just like its theme, ‘Endless Celebrations’, the country will be filled with non-stop cultural celebrations and festivals throughout the year. Therefore, we look forward to welcoming tourists from all over the world to join in our festivities.
Ladies and gentlemen,
6. As Partner Country, we are in the spotlight of this year’s KITF. It allows us to fully and extensively promote Malaysia and our fascinating tourism offerings and world-class hospitality services.
7. Besides highlighting MyFest, we will be taking the full advantage of this excellent platform to reach out to industry players, media, as well as travellers in this region.
8. To present our new travel packages and latest tourism developments, I’m here with the Malaysian delegation comprising members from 21 organisations. They include big names in the local travel trade industry, such as the Langkawi Development Authority (LADA), Putrajaya Corporation, and the Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
9. It is imperative that Malaysia continues to participate in the KITF as it is an excellent platform for us to establish a wider network of contacts, increase exposure, and forge smart partnerships and cooperation.
10. This tourism trade exhibition is also an excellent opportunity for us to reinforce our brand as a cultural and luxury tourism destination, which offers a diverse range of tourist attractions.
11. Before I conclude, I would like to take this opportunity to announce the opening of Tourism Malaysia office here in Almaty. It has started its operation beginning 1 September last year. The office is known as the Tourism and Trade Section of the Embassy of Malaysia, Almaty Office. I will be officially launching the office later today, which marks a significant milestone in our promotional efforts in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
12. With that, I would like to extend my best wishes to all of you and I hope you’ll have a very productive session at this year’s Kazakhstan International Travel Fair.