Dato' Haji Azizan DDG Speech at Phuket Bike Week Dinner
SPEECH DATO’ HAJI AZIZAN NOORDIN
DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL, TOURISM MALAYSIA
PHUKET BIKE WEEK GRAND DINNER
GRACELAND HOTEL, PHUKET, THAILAND
12 APRIL 2015
1. Good evening!
2. Firstly, thank you Tourism Authority of Thailand for this opportunity to speak at the Phuket Bike Week Grand Dinner. Phuket is a beautiful place and this Bike Week is the perfect platform for us to meet with motorcycle associations, travel agents and media who have a life-long passion for the open road on their beloved two-wheels.
3. Tourism Malaysia is excited to share with you our efforts to promote motorcycle holidays in Malaysia. Malaysia has a road network covering 144,403 kilometers of world-class expressways and excellent paved roads, taking you all around Malaysia on modern highways along cityscapes, breathtaking mountain vistas and peaceful coastal roads where many exhilarating adventures await!
4. Besides the well-connected highways, a holiday in Malaysia is a chance to enjoy luxury affordably with great accommodations, fine dining, shopping and wellness retreats after a hard day of riding the roads.
5. Roughing it out is also an option along our scenic countryside where you can explore off-the-beaten paths, street food and local communities and culture.
6. No matter what you choose, riding in Malaysia is convenient, thrilling and an experience that you won’t easily forget.
7. Each year in October, Malaysia also hosts the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix or MotoGP. This top-notch international racing event is highly-anticipated by fans all over the world and is a perfect complement to the motorcycle holiday tours we are promoting in Malaysia.
8. Tourism Malaysia is pleased to be working together with Asia Racing Development and Sepang International Circuit to offer tourists well thought-out motorcycle tours that take you all around the best destinations in the country and thrill you with the trailblazing MotoGP race live in Malaysia.
9. The motorcycle holiday tour packages, sold from aslow as RM1,200 / 11,000 Thai baht, provide options to travel by motorcycle to popular Malaysian destinations such as Kuala Lumpur, Genting Highlands, Melaka, Cameron Highlands and Penang.
10. Each three-day and four-night package covers a distance of between 450 km and 800 km, offering the experience of riding along Malaysia’s well-maintained highways and scenic countryside with stops at many charming tourist spots.
11. I’d like to take this opportunity to invite you to explore Malaysia in a unique way. Imagine vast, open roads, perhaps jungles on each side, the wind in your hair, and the many beautiful experiences you’ll collect along the way.
12. To everyone here tonight, enjoy the rest of the night, and the rest of the week here in Phuket. We look forward to seeing you in Malaysia.
13. Thank you.