En. Harun Welcome Remarks - Penang World Music Festivals
WELCOME REMARKS BY
EN. HARUN B. PILUS
PENANG STATE DIRECTOR
MALAYSIA MEGA FAM PROGRAMME
IN CONJUNCTION WITH
PENANG WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL 2015
THE ROYALE BINTANG PENANG
9 APRIL 2015, SATURDAY, 12.30PM
Mega Fam invitees,
Members of the media,
Ladies and gentlemen.
1. Good morning. I’m pleased to bid each and every one of you a warm welcome or Selamat Datang to Malaysia. I would also like to thank all of you for accepting our invitation to participate in this Mega Fam programme, held in conjunction with the Penang World Music Festival 2015.
2. Every year, we bring in international media and tour agents to Malaysia under the Mega Fam Programme to give them a first-hand experience of the various sights and sounds here.
3. Our intention is simple. We hope the media will be motivated to write interesting articles on Malaysia, while the tour agents will have better ideas on what and how to package Malaysia, thus creating more exciting and creative tour packages to the country.
4. The Mega Fam programme has helped us create higher awareness of Malaysia internationally, promoting the country as a value-for-money and top-of-mind tourist destination.
5. For this event, we have 11 Mega Fam participants comprising journalists, TV crews and travel agents from 4 countries.
6. I am confident that you will have an enjoyable time in Malaysia for the next few days especially during the tours to other parts of the country.
Ladies and gentlemen,
7. Before you attend the Penang World Music Festival 2015 Launching Ceremony this evening, we would like to give you a glimpse of some of the tourist attractions in Malaysia, as well as what the country has to offer in terms of tourism through this Destination Seminar.
8. I would like to proceed by sharing with you the multiple awardwinning video, Malaysia Truly Asia – The Essence of Asia by Yuna and Malaysia Year of Festival 2015 Theme Song.
9. I hope you enjoy the rest of the programme for today and I wish all of you an enjoyable and memorable stay in Malaysia.