1MALAYSIA MEGA SALE CARNIVAL 2016 (15 June-31 Aug) EVENTS & HAPPENINGS
KUALA LUMPUR, 15 June 2016: The 1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival is back! The mid-year nationwide shopping extravaganza kicks off on a special note this year as it takes place during the festive season where the air is filled with excitement in anticipation of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Merdeka Day celebrations.
Apart from the shopping bargains, there are numerous events and activities lined up, too. Check out the following events and happenings.
KUALA LUMPUR & SELANGOR
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival (15 June-31 Aug)
- Shop for duty-free items from timepieces, jewellery, perfumes, cosmetics and many more at great discounts and stand a chance to win a duty-free gift weekly with RM500 spent in a single receipt at any specialty store.
- Indulge in the mid-year luxury sale from a wide selection of international couture and luxury brands.
Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready To Wear (17-21 Aug)
- Feast your eyes on ready to wear collections designed by more than 80 designers.
- Special offers, discounts, gifts and more at over 250 participating stores.
Cheras Leisure Mall
Shop & Win (30 May-31 Aug)
- Spend RM300 and above in accumulated receipts and stand a chance to win fabulous prizes including a Honda HR-V (grand prize winner) and household appliances.
Shades of Passion (15 June-31 Aug)
- Discounts and offers on over 50 designer and branded eyewear with attractive package deals.
Shades of Rewards (15 June-31 Aug)
- Free shopping vouchers with RM200 spent in maximum 2 accumulated receipts at any specialty store or RM300 in a single receipt at Brands Outlet or Uniqlo.
- Free privilege card to enjoy instant discounts and benefits at over 30 outlets.
- Free 2-hour parking with RM150 spent in a single receipt at any specialty store or RM300 at Brands Outlet or Uniqlo.
Tourists’ Privileges (15 June-31 Aug)
- Enjoy more discounts at participating outlets with the Tourist Privilege Pack. Tourists can redeem the pack with their passports at the information counter.
Cultural Dance Performances (15 June-31 Aug)
- Watch colourful Malaysian cultures come to life with traditional dance performances every Sat and Sun at 8pm.
Malaysia International Mask Festival Pocket Showcase (12-14 Aug)
- Learn the cultural significance of masks in cultures around the world in this unique and masterful choreography of traditional masked performances.
The Gardens Mall
Hari Raya Promotion (24 June-10 July)
- Spend RM800 and above (RM700 and above for TGC members or HSBC card holders) in a single receipt at any specialty store and redeem an exclusive 2-tier dessert stand (limited to 80 redemptions a day).
- Traditional/cultural performances at West Lobby, Ground Floor on 25-26 June, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9 and 10 July.
Mid Valley Megamall
Hari Raya Promotion (16 June-12 July)
- Besides a tantalising mix of merchandise to purchase, get a packet of exclusively designed “sampul duit Raya” green packs, a pestle and mortar set or a premium gift with each purchase during the promotion period.
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival (29 July-31Aug)
- Be inspired with the different items on sale and pick your own style.
Hobby Classes (throughout the year)
- Learn something new and pick up a new hobby.
Sungei Wang Plaza
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival (15 June-31 Aug)
- Discounts up to 70%.
Shop-Win-Fly (15 June-31 Aug)
- Stand a chance to win travel packages with a minimum spending of RM80 in maximum of 2 accumulated receipts.
Warna Warni Aidilfitri (10 June-7 Aug)
- Tier 1 – Spend RM80 and above to redeem exclusive Sungei Wang Plaza cup coaster.
- Tier 2 – Spend RM250 and above to redeem exclusive Sungei Wang Plaza colourful candle glass holder.
Tourists’ Privileges (4 Jan-31 Aug)
- Bring a Piece of Malaysia Home with You campaign – Tourists can flash their passports at the customer service counter to get a stamp book; Collect all 3 stamps and spend a minimum of RM50 to redeem an exclusive collectible jute bag.
Hartamas Shopping Centre
Take & Go Mega Sale (15 June-31 Aug)
- Spend a minimum of RM100 in a single receipt and stand a chance to be among selected 25 to take part in a shopping spree on 3 Sept. On that date, each participant will be given an amount to shop and if he/she managed to take items worth the given amount, he/she can walk home with the items, fully paid for.
Jaya Shopping Centre
Hari Raya Aidilfitri Celebration (10 June-17 July)
- Celebrate the festivity of Ramadan with an array of contemporary and energetic performances, workshops, competition and Aidilfitri Bazaar.
- Gift With Purchase – Spend a minimum of RM180 (RM150 for CIMB card members) in 2 combined receipts on the same day to redeem an exclusive Raya premium gift.
- Raya Bonanza Lucky Draw – Spend RM250 in 2 combined receipts on the same day to participate in the Raya Bonanza Lucky Draw to win exclusive holiday packages, home accessories and electrical gadgets.
Sunway Putra Mall
Hari Raya Celebration (17 June-10 July)
- Celebrate the joyous occasion with various activities, performances, special promotions and shoppers’ redemption.
Thai Fair (29 July-21 Aug)
- Go on a shopping spree for products from Thailand.
Merdeka Celebration (22-31 Aug)
- Various irresistible redemption deals await shoppers during the celebration.
1Utama Shopping Centre
Hari Raya Aidilfitri (17 June-10 July)
- Check out the buka puasa deals during the promotion period.
Mega Sale (1-31 Aug)
- Don’t miss the special offers and discounts up to 70% during the campaign.
DPULZE Shopping Centre
Meriahnya Raya (14 June-5 July)
- Stand a chance to win RM35,000 worth of prizes with a minimum spending of RM50 in a single receipt in Meriahnya Raya Lucky Draw.
- Enjoy the unbelievable buka puasa dining deals and bring home great gifts from Meriahnya Bazaar Raya.
- Redeem free green packets with a minimum spending of RM100 in accumulated receipts.
Raya Celebration With Living Quarters (13-24 June)
- Prepare for Raya and shop at Living Quarters Raya Specials at the concourse area.
Raya Celebration With Philips Malaysia (27 June-1 July)
- Grab the best deals on electrical products from Philips Malaysia.
Harvest Stationery Fair (18-29 July)
- Bargains galore on stationery, books and knick-knacks.
NKF Lifecheck (16-17 Aug)
- Know the state of your health with this complimentary health screening, fully sponsored by The Weld.
Storewide Sale (15 June-31 Aug)
- Discounts up to 50% storewide.
GS Gill Sdn Bhd
Storewide Sale (15 June-31 Aug)
- Discounts up to 30%-70% storewide.
The Mines Shopping Mall
One Houseware Raya Promotion (5 June-17 July)
- Enjoy up to 70% off at its store at Level 4-06F/07A.
Kraftangan Malaysia Craft Complex
Warna-Warni Aidilfitri (22 June-3 July)
- Shop for crafts and watch various demonstrations on craft-making as well as traditional cuisine and delicacies.
- Enter the Aidilfitri Dodol Ria competition or the Bahulu Kebabom competition.
- The Craft Complex opens from 10am to 8pm (Mon-Thurs) and 10am to 10pm (Fri-Sun).
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival (15 June-31 Aug)
- Countless offers up to 50% from participating stores.
- Exclusive Gift Redemption – Spend RM300 and above in a single receipt for non-AK Neigbours card holder, or RM250 and above in a single receipt for AK Neighbours card holder and redeem an exclusive thermal lunch box.
- Top 10 Spenders – Spend a minimum of RM1,000 in 3 combined receipts at any AK store on the same day and win attractive prizes including Tod’s Handbag by Femme Fatale (1 winner), Fitness First platinum membership (2), 1 night stay at Aloft Hotel (2), Samsung Note 5 (1), Samsung Tab A8 + Karl Lagerfeld perfume (1), Muji luggage bag + Eton Rukus portable speaker (2), and Ogawa footie therapy foot reflexology (1).
Hunt, Snap & Win – Instagramming Style (1 July-31 Aug)
- Hunt for Malaysia’s shopping icon, Miss SHOPhia in installation display at Avenue K. Snap and share your unique style with Miss SHOPhia and hashtag #AKMS2016, #AvenueKMY and #1Malaysiamegasale2016 to win prizes.
Celebrate Hari Raya With H&M X Ayda Jebat (from 15 June)
- Celebrate Hari Raya in style with a series of outfits specially curated by award-winning actress and singer Ayda Jebat.
Good Deal, Summer Deal (from 15 June)
- Grab loads of discounted items from RM20 in this attractive instore deals.
IOI Mall, Bandar Putra
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival (15 June-31 Aug)
- Discounts between 10%-70% at participating outlets.
Bazaar Raya, Ceria Ramadhan & Masak Bubur Lambuk (17 June-3 July)
- Varied options of baju Raya, home decorations, Raya goodies and cookies being promoted at the Centre Atrium. Shoppers will also be given free bubur lambuk during the promotion.
IOI Mall Raya Open House (1-30 July)
- Stand a chance to redeem an invitation card for 2 persons to attend IOI Mall Raya Open House with a minimum purchase of RM200 at any store.
- Take part in the Bola Kampung colouring contest or traditional games, and enjoy various stage performances on the special occasion.
th Putra Charity Run (13 Aug)
- Participate in any of the 7 categories of this annual community event organised by IOI Properties and IOI Mall Bandar Putra. All proceeds will go to Kiwanis Down Syndrome Foundation, Kulai Centre and Amitabha Charity Village.
Gelombang Merdeka With Pejabat Daerah Kulai (26-28 Aug)
- Visit this special Merdeka exhibition, and feast your eyes and taste buds with various handicrafts and traditional delicacies being promoted at the event too.
Ambang Merdeka (co-organised with Pejabat Daerah Kulai) (30 Aug)
- Join the fun at the Merdeka eve celebration filled with cultural and fireworks shows, artistes’ performances and bikers’ gathering.
- Please your taste buds at the Pasar Ramadhan at All Seasons Place.
Precious Moment with Mum & Dad (19 June)
- Purchase a minimum of RM30 and above in a single receipt and get a free instant printing photo for that precious moment with mum and dad at All Seasons Place.
Grooming Up My Dad (19 June)
- Shoppers with a purchase receipt of RM50 (maximum 2 accumulated receipts from the same day) at All Seasons Place is entitled to redeem a free grooming session for his/her father.
Gamelan Performance (2 July)
- Enjoy a special gamelan performance for Hari Raya.
Wau Design Workshop (10 July)
- The first 50 shoppers with any purchase receipt of RM20 at All Seasons Place are entitled to participate in this workshop.
Health Campaign 2016 (13-14 Aug)
- Free simple health check-ups for shoppers.
- Spend RM30 and above in a single receipt from any exhibitor or All Seasons Place outlets to redeem a special goodie bag.
- Shoppers can also participate in various programmes such as zumba/aerobic, healthy cooking demonstration and mini games.
Merdeka Colouring Contest (31 Aug)
- This contest is divided into 2 categories, Category A: 7-9 years old and Category B: 10-12 years old. To enter, a contestant must submit a registration form attached with a receipt of minimum RM10 purchase.
- Prizes for Category A (7-9 years old) – 1st prize (cash voucher worth RM150), 2nd prize (cash voucher worth RM100), 3rd prize (cash voucher worth RM80) and 5 consolation winners (cash voucher worth RM30 each).
- Prizes for Category B (10-12 years old) – 1st prize (cash voucher worth RM250), 2nd prize (cash voucher worth RM200), 3rd prize (cash voucher worth RM100) and 5 consolation winners (cash voucher worth RM50 each).
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2016 Redemption Programme (23 June-31 Aug)
- Spend RM300 and above (maximum of 2 combined same day receipts) at any outlet in Gurney Plaza to redeem shopping and dining vouchers (HSBC card holders will only need to charge RM250 to their card to redeem).
Coffee Break with CapitaStar (13-19 June)
- Get your well-deserved coffee break with your STAR$. You may redeem up to 2 cuppa’s per redemption, each from Urban Republic and The Grind by The Alley with just 500 STAR$.
Tech Carnival With Radioshack (17-19 June)
- Tech junkies can expect mind-blowing robotic demos and competitions at this carnival.
Straits Quay Retail Marina
Sports & Lifestyle Events (6 May – 26 June)
- A two-month sports-themed event comprising a variety of workout sessions for everyone.
Slalom Free Style Activity (18 June)
- An event for skaters to perform in style at the wide Promenade area.
Modern Dance: R&B, Hip Hop & Show Dance (18 June)
- A challenge session of modern dance moves.
Classical Dance: Latin, Ballroom, Salsa & Cha Cha (19 June)
- A challenge session of classical dance moves.
Zumba Dance (25 June)
- Fun workout session with expert, Zin Mary.
Yoga Relaxation Time (26 June)
- Sweat out in the sun salutation moves with a group of yoginis.
1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2016: Redemptions (1 July-31 Aug)
- Shoppers get to redeem special gifts specially made for the festive season.
Wayang Kulit Performances (2 July)
- A chance for the younger generation to experience the traditional wayang kulit performances.
Double Celebration Workshop : Wayang Kulit Making (3 July)
- Patrons get a chance to experience the making of traditional wayang kulit puppets.
Raya Melody (6 July)
- A Raya musical to celebrate the joyous occasion.
Raya Walkabout: Dodol Giveaway (6-7 July)
- A snack giveaway sessions to shoppers in conjunction with the Raya celebrations.
The Sound of Panflute & Flute (8 July & 27 Aug)
- A music performance of traditional instruments that carries the nature of the natives community.
Double Celebration Workshop : Pandan Rose Making (9 July)
- Patrons get a chance to experience the making of craft roses from pandan leaves.
Raya Music Instrument Performance (9, 16 July & 13 Aug)
- Experience popular Raya songs performed with traditional music instruments.
Live Band Performance (10, 31 July, 14 & 28 Aug)
- A live band performance on Sunday evenings to serenade shoppers.
Ibumie “Challenge Mee” Cooking Competition (16 July)
- A challenge for participants to make the best dishes with Ibumie noodles.
Traditional Delicacies Workshop : Curry Puff Making (23 July & 7 Aug)
- Learn how to make curry puffs, perhaps while taking a break from that shopping spree.
The Sound of Angklung (23-24 July)
- A performance of angklung for shoppers to enjoy.
The Sound of Asli (30 July)
- A special music performance for shoppers to enjoy.
Congkak Challenge (6 Aug)
- Take part in this exciting traditional game.
Youngster 3x3 Streetball Challenge 2016: League 2 (13 Aug)
- A yearly Streetball Challenge event for youngsters organised by Sports Pro Marketing.
The Sound of Borneo (20 Aug)
- Experience a mesmerising music performance from Borneo.
Penang Bar Run (21 Aug)
Calling all lawyers! This is a running event just for you.
- The 3rd marathon for dogs and owners aimed at raising funds for 4PAWS dog shelter.
Malaysia Fiesta Extravaganza (31 Aug)
- A carnival that showcases 1Malaysia’s cultural performances, workshops for traditional games and exciting activities.
Merdeka Day Birthday Rewards (31 Aug)
- Shoppers born on 31 Aug are entitled to redeem a special gift on their birthday.
Friday’s Carboot Sales (Every first Fri of the month, 1 July-5 Aug)
- Check out Penang’s first carboot night bazaar that offers arrays of products ranging from quirky collectibles to tasty treats at the Promenade.
- A place to shop for organic greens, food and products.
Zumba Fitness By-The-Sea (Every Wed (13, 20, 27 July & 3, 10, 17, 24 Aug)
- Tired of the same workout routine? Well, time to go Zumba by the sea!
Weekend Market By-The-Sea (Every Sat and Sun)
- Ideal for bargain hunters looking for unique products sourced locally and from the region.
Family Fun Rides By-The-Sea (Daily)
- Feel the refreshing breeze of the Andaman Sea while cycling along Straits Quay’s Promenade.
Gurney Paragon Mall
Lucky Draw (15 June-31 Aug)
- Spend RM 300 (maximum accumulation of 2 receipts) or RM 200 in a single receipt for Gurney Paragon Mall member, submit a contest form (attached with the receipt) and be in the running to win weekly prizes (from Cres Wellness, Lacoste Bag, Harnn, Seen, Jaben, Ice Watch, Zsiska & Nature Bijoux, Charles & Keith, Faber-castell, Harvey Norman, GordonMax, each worth a minimum of RM800).The grand prize winner will receive 2 flight tickets to London.
A Sparkling Raya (6 June–31 July)
- Deco at Galleria activities – Raya Cultural Dance (6 July), Arabic Dance (7 July), Tarian Minangkabau (8 July), Malay Traditional Dance (9 July) and Kuda Kepang Performance (10 July).
rd Anniversary Celebrations (30 July-31 Aug)
- Wednesday Special – Stores to offer special deals for shoppers every Wed in Aug.
- 3X Points for Gurney Paragon card members - Triple points for card members who spend RM300 and above every Wed in Aug.
- Member’s Day on 6 Aug - Gurney Paragon Card Members Day will enjoy special deals at any outlet on this special day.
- Spending Campaign - Shoppers spending RM333 and above are entitled to redeem a special item during weekdays (limited to 50 shoppers per day).
- 3-hour free parking - Shoppers spending RM333 and above are entitled for free parking during weekdays (limited to 30 shoppers per day).
Gurney Paragon Member’s Day For Limited Edition Gurney Paragon Card (30 July)
- 1,000 limited edition Gurney Paragon cards with Datuk Jimmy Choo’s signature are up for grabs at the launch of the mall’s 3rd anniversary celebrations. Proceeds from the card sales will be donated to the Lions Reach Autistic Centre, a resource and education centre for autistic children.
Aman Central Mall, Alor Setar
The Imperial Raya (10 June-17 July)
- Imperial Moroccan Raya Redemptions – Spend RM100 in a single receipt on the same day and redeem exclusive green packets; spend RM300 in multiple receipts on the same day and redeem The Body Shop argan oil shower gel; or spend RM500 in multiple receipts on the same day and redeem a Moroccan table lamp (valid while stock lasts).
- Imperial Raya activities:
- Holy Quran recital (10 June)
- Moroccan soap making workshop (11-12 June)
- The launch of The Imperial Raya 2016 (17 June)
- Fusion Arabic music concerto (17-19 June)
- Moroccan lamp making workshop (18-19 June)
- Moroccan Belly Dancing (24-26 June)
- Sam’s Groceria CSR Project (24 June)
- Kedah Fashion Week (1-5 July)
Centre Point, Kota Kinabalu
- Hari Raya Sales by Bangga Budi Holdings Sdn Bhd (24 June-7 July)
- Aidilfitri Fest by LILOMJOUTLETBYSF (1-3 July)
- Consumer Fairby Beauty Wonderland (8-17 July)
- Vendeur Fest by LILOMJOUTLETBYSF (30-31 July)
- Merdeka Fest by Bazaarista Kota Kinabalu (6-7 Aug)
- Centre Point Carnival Fair by Pan-Pasific Management Services Sdn Bhd (26 Aug-30 Sept)
Harbour Mall, Sandakan
Shop & Win Rewards (1 June-31 Aug)
- Stand a chance to win fabulous prizes in the 1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival Shop & Win Super Lucky Draw.
The Spring Shopping Mall, Kuching
Shop & Redeem (15 June)
- Spend RM350 in a single receipt and redeem a Sephora therapy mask; or spend RM800 in a single receipt and redeem L’Occitane shea milk soap (50g) and L’Occitane shea hand cream (10 ml).
Shop & Win Rewards (14 Aug)
- Spend RM150 in a single receipt, get a contest entry form and be in the running to win 50 fantastic prizes such as designer luggages, watches, exclusive makeup sets, fragrances, premium bodycare hampers and shopping vouchers.
For more information, kindly contact:
Baizuri binti Baharum
Head, Secretariat Shopping Malaysia
For more media releases, media info and media features on Malaysia’s tourism industry, kindly visit the Media Centre of Tourism Malaysia’s website at http://www.tourismmalaysia.gov.my/
MALAYSIA TOURISM PROMOTION BOARD OR TOURISM MALAYSIA is an agency under the Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Malaysia. Tourism Malaysia focuses on the specific task of promoting Malaysia at all levels. Since its inception, Tourism Malaysia has grown by leaps and bounds and it has emerged as a major player in the international tourism scene. In 2015, Malaysia registered 25.7 million tourist arrivals and RM69.1 billion in receipts.
Through the Tourism NKEA (National Key Economic Area), collaborative efforts between the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, other Government agencies and the private sector have been enhanced to help secure Malaysia’s position as a leading tourist destination and achieve the country’s target of 36 million tourist arrivals and RM168 billion in receipts by 2020.
The targets set under the Tourism NKEA will be achieved through the implementation of twelve Entry Point Projects (EPPs) clustered under five themes: Affordable Luxury; Nature Adventure; Family Fun; Events, Entertainment, Spa and Sports; and Business Tourism.
Media Relations Unit:
Shukri Hanafiah, Senior Deputy Director, Corporate Communication Division
Tel: +603-8891 8767
Anis Rozalina Ramli (Ms), Senior Editor, Corporate Communication Division
Tel: +603-8891 8759