Dato' Seri Nazri YBM tp - PC Opening Ceremony of KITF 2015
YB DATO’ SERI MOHAMED NAZRI ABDUL AZIZ
MINISTER OF TOURISM & CULTURE MALAYSIA
IN CONJUNCTION WITH
THE OPENING CEREMONY OF
THE KAZAKHSTAN INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL FAIR (KITF) 2015
22 APRIL 2015, WEDNESDAY
Members of the media,
Ladies and gentlemen.
1. Good afternoon. We are pleased to be here in Almaty to take part in the 15th edition of the Kazakhstan International Travel Fair (KITF).
2. This is our 14th year of participation in this premier travel and tourism trade exhibition, which clearly shows our commitment in attracting more travellers from Kazakhstan and other countries in the Central Asian region to Malaysia.
3. Most importantly, we are honoured and proud to be the Partner Country for this year’s KITF, which I understand is only the second time being offered to a country.
4. We are pleased to be given this great opportunity as we are celebrating the Malaysia Year of Festivals or MyFest this year, which makes it even more important for us to boost our arrivals and receipts.
5. As Partner Country, we are in the spotlight of this year’s KITF. We get to promote Malaysia and all our fascinating tourism offerings extensively.
6. To present our new travel packages and latest tourism developments at KITF this year, I’m here with the Malaysian delegation comprising 25 members from 20 organisations.
7. Besides highlighting MyFest, we will also be taking the full advantage of this excellent platform to reach out to industry players, media, and travellers in this region.
8. We will continue to give our support to this prestigious travel fair as it is an excellent platform for us to establish a wider network of contacts, increase exposure, and forge smart partnerships and cooperation.
Ladies and gentlemen,
9. MyFest is the continuation of our Visit Malaysia Year 2014 campaign. Themed ‘Endless Celebrations’, it focuses on the cultural aspect of the many different festivals celebrated by Malaysia’s multi-cultural society.
10. Throughout the year, the whole country will be filled with nonstop cultural celebrations and festivals. We have identified 50 events, festivals and activities as cultural hallmarks in Malaysia, and we look forward to welcoming tourists from all over the world to join in our festivities.
11. We have all the fascinating tourism offerings that your readers would be interested. There’s something for every interest and budget.
12. Whether they’re into rich and colourful multicultural heritage, delicious cuisines, duty-free shopping, idyllic tropical islands, palm-fringed beaches or million-year-old rainforests – Malaysia has it all.
13. Last year, tourist arrivals to Malaysia increased by 6.7 percent to 27.4 million compared to the previous year, while our receipts recorded a growth of 10 percent to RM72 billion. Along the way, we have also received many recognitions and international accolades that serve as a testament to our thriving tourism industry.
14. I’m pleased to inform that Malaysia has been ranked as the world’s top Muslim-Friendly Holiday destination by Crescentrating, a Singapore-based Muslim travel consultancy. Hence, Muslim tourists can be assured that we have all the products, services, and facilities, to fulfill their every needs.
15. Shoppers would be excited to know that our capital city Kuala Lumpur is a shopping haven. It has been ranked as the fourth best shopping city in the world by global news network CNN for 2012 and 2013. Besides numerous world-class shopping malls, we have the first Premium Outlet Center in Southeast Asia, and also the largest factory outlet shopping mall in Southeast Asia - the Mitsui Outlet Park KLIA, which will open its doors this year.
16. With our favourable exchange rate, you will find that Malaysia
is a value-for-money destination. Our hotel rates, food
and beverages, and other holiday lifestyle choices are among
the lowest in price but highest in quality. I would even dare
to say that in Malaysia, luxury is highly affordable!
17. If you’re looking for a fun-filled holiday with the whole family, Malaysia is definitely the place to go. After all, Lonely Planet awarded us the ‘Best Family Destination’ last year. Exciting theme parks are in abundance in Malaysia. We have LEGOLAND, which is the first in Asia and the much anticipated 20th Century Fox World outdoor theme park will be opening its doors next year.
Ladies and gentlemen,
18. Before I conclude, I would like to take this opportunity to announce the opening of Tourism Malaysia new office here in Almaty. I will be officially launching the office later today. I hope all of you can join us at the launching ceremony and the press conference as well.
19. With that, I thank all of you once again for your support and I hope you’ll continue to assist us in making Malaysia a topof-mind tourist destination.