Dato' Mirza DG sp pointer WAITGC 2015 Qualifying Round 2
Pointers for WAITGC 2015 Qualifying Round 2 dinner speech by Dato’ DG on 23rd April 2015 at Kimanis Ballroom, Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, Sabah
1. Warm welcome to Malaysia for the Qualifying Round 2 WAITGC 2015
2. For this second round of WAITGC for this year, we bring you to Sabah.
3. Sabah the heart of the Borneo and the Island that has plenty to offer to its visitors. Lush rainforests, sub-aquatic splendour, magnificent mountains, colourful cultures. Sabah is a rugged place for adventurers, a playground for divers, and a trove for anyone with the adventure to explore.
4. Sabah have kicked Off its promotional campaign this year with a wide variety of exciting local and International special events and activities for this month.
5. Sabah will having International Fishing Tournament ( 22-26 April 2015 ) at West Coast Division, Pesta Regatta Lepa at Semporna ( 24 – 26 April 2015) and Drums; Heritage and kesyahduan ( 15 April – 31 August 2015).
6. Tourism Malaysia is proud to organize this homegrown event for 22 years now.
7. As one of avenues for us to promote Malaysia as a wonderful and value – for- money golf tourism destination.
8. Fortunate to have government‘s support in promoting golf tourism. The development of golf tourism has been identified as one of the key priority projects to increase the nation’s tourism contribution to the economy, the fact that was underscore in the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
9. Through international media participation, WAITGC received extensive coverage and publicity, highlighting Malaysia’s award – winning golf courses and world – class golfing facilities.
10. Malaysia plays host to four major international class golf tournaments every year, namely the Iskandar Johor Open, Maybank Malaysia Open, Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia and CIMB Classic.
11.27 teams have completed this qualifying round – Hongkong (5), Singapore (6), Brunei (7) and Australia (9).
12.Thank you to all participants, without your support WAITGC would not have been able to stand the test of time.
13.Thank you to all the sponsors, all these sponsorship will definitely make WAITGC much more interesting this year.
Another Pointers for WAITGC 2015 Qualifying Round 2.
1. WAITGC 2015 Qualifying Round 2 will be tee off on 20th to 23rd April 2015 at Nexus Golf Resort Karambunai and Dalit Bay Golf & Country Club.
2. WAITGC is Tourism Malaysia initiative to promote the country as a top – of – mind golf destination in the region. It is played in Strokeplay gross for gross category and Stableford for the nett and senior category.
3. Nexus Golf Resort Karambunai is a full buggy course and has a clubhouse that features practice putting and chipping greens, a driving range, Golfers Lounge, Cocktail Lounge, pro shop, several conference rooms and well-appointed changing/locker rooms. Rental of golf sets and golf shoes are also available.For more information please visit www.karambunaigolf.com.
4. Dalit Bay Golf & Country Club is set out on exceptional terrain situated about a 45 minute drive from central Kota Kinabalu. Water is in play on every hole, given the nature of this rainforest edged, Tambalong and Mengkabong rivers and South China sea bordering golf course designed by Ted Parslow. Obviously there are some outstanding holes to make the experience remain entrenched in the memory; the highlight has to be par 3, 11th from an elevated tee, going across the Tambalang river mouth surrounded by the South China Sea. For more information please visit www.dalitbaygolf.com.my
5. The World Amateur Inter-Team Golf Championship is manage by the Golf Club Managers Association of Malaysia (GCMAM) and sanctioned by the Malaysian Golf Association (MGA).