Dato' Seri Dr. Ng Yen Yen Chairman sp - Working Visit to Vietnam (Danang)
YBHG TAN SRI DATO’ SRI DR. NG YEN YEN
CHAIRMAN OF TOURISM MALAYSIA
MYFEST 2015 NETWORKING DINNER WITH
VIETNAM TRAVEL AGENTS
PULLMAN DANANG BEACH RESORT, DANANG, VIETNAM
2 APRIL 2015, THURSDAY, 7PM
Members of the Danang travel trade fraternity,
Ladies and gentlemen.
PLEASANTRIES / OPENING:
1. Good evening. It gives me great pleasure to bid all our guests a very warm welcome or ‘Selamat Datang’ to this Networking Dinner.
2. I am also delighted to be present here tonight amongst all of you, the captains of the Danang travel and tourism industry, who have given us so much support in promoting Malaysia as a holiday destination here.
3. Your presence this evening speaks volumes of your interest and support for our efforts and I sincerely thank you for that.
4. I am very happy to be here to personally give you an update of the latest developments of our tourism industry. I look forward to getting your feedback on how we can forge closer relationship and enhance business opportunities.
Ladies and gentlemen,
KEY MESSAGE 1: IMPORTANCE OF THE VIETNAMESE MARKET:
5. Tonight, let us celebrate Malaysia’s strong and growing relationship with Vietnam. This country has always been an important market for Malaysia. It has consistently been one of the top 15 tourist generating markets to Malaysia, and has continuously made significant contributions to our tourist arrivals and tourist receipts.
6. Over 285,000 Vietnamese tourists visited Malaysia last year, which saw a growth of 21.2 percent compared to 2013, generating RM560 million in revenue.
7. This is indeed a positive trend for the ASEAN tourism industry, which can be attributed to several factors including:
? The robust economy that increases the average income and living standards of Vietnamese people;
? The revolution of more and more elderly people travelling; and
? The fact that a majority of Vietnamese people still prefer familiar, short haul destinations.
8. For Malaysia, this is definitely good - we believe that there is a huge potential to cater to the Vietnamese market. Hence, we at Tourism Malaysia will continue our promotional efforts in this market to attract more Vietnamese to Malaysia.
9. With competitive prices of holiday packages to Malaysia, high standards of service, modern facilities and infrastructure, as well as good flight connectivity between the two countries, we believe that Malaysia can offer Vietnamese travellers a truly memorable holiday. Therefore, we look forward to welcoming more Vietnamese to our shores.
Ladies and gentlemen,
KEY MESSAGE 2: MALAYSIA YEAR OF FESTIVALS 2015 & OTHER ATTRACTIONS:
10. This year is the Malaysia Year of Festivals (MyFest) 2015, which is a continuation of last year’s Visit Malaysia Year campaign. MyFest is designed to give tourists an amazing holiday experience, with an emphasis on the cultural aspect of the many different festivals celebrated by Malaysia’s multi-cultural society.
11. Themed “Endless Celebrations”, a total of 50 cultural events have been identified as the hallmark of our nation’s cultural celebrations and festivals. We look forward to welcoming you and the rest of the world to join in on the festivities this year.
12. We have several new events line up to celebrate MyFest 2015. Among them are the Orang Asli and International Aborigines Art Festival, Malaysia International Mask Festival, Royal Floria Putrajaya, and E-Street Festival Putrajaya.
13. For MyFest 2015, we aim to have 29.4 million tourist arrivals and RM89 billion in tourist receipts, leading up to our ultimate goal of 36 million tourists and RM168 billion in receipts by 2020.
14. With your continuous support, I believe we will be able to achieve our targets. I hope all of you will develop more exciting and creative tour packages that highlight our culture and promote it as a tourist attraction to the Vietnamese.
Ladies and gentlemen,
15. To keep Malaysia special in the eyes of the Vietnamese tourists, we continue to encourage our agents to create tailor-made tourism products and packages that cater to their preferences.
16. I understand that Vietnamese tourists prefer to shop and visit theme parks when they come to Malaysia. It is a good thing that Kuala Lumpur was listed as the 4th Best Shopping City in the World by CNN in 2012 and 2013, while Globe Shopper Index ranked it the second best in Asia Pacific. Vietnamese tourists can shop till they drop at some of our award-winning retail establishments such as Pavilion, Suria KLCC, Starhill Gallery and Johor Premium Outlets which is also Southeast Asia’s first premium outlet centre.
17. As winner of the Best Family Destination at Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2014, Malaysia offers many fun-filled theme parks for the whole family to enjoy. I suggest you to visit two of our major theme parks, Legoland and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Parks, to experience world class family bonding activities. Other theme parks and children entertainment centres that you should not missed include Kidzania, i-City, Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, Lost World of Tambun, Genting Higlands Theme Park, and the upcoming Twentieth Century Fox World theme park that will be open in 2016.
18.Before I conclude, I would like to take this opportunity to extend to you our deepest gratitude for all your support in our tourism promotional campaigns.
19.It is my sincere hope that industry players in Danang can work together with your Malaysian partners to make MyFest 2015 a success. We look forward to receiving your full support and assistance to ensure the success of all our future promotions and marketing efforts. Till then, let me conclude by thanking all of you, once again, for having accepted our invitation to be here.