Dato' Mirza DG sp - 1Msia GP Sale Themed Dinner
YBHG. DATO’ MIRZA MOHAMMAD TAIYAB
DIRECTOR GENERAL, TOURISM MALAYSIA
1MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX SALE 2015 THEME DINNER
ZEBRA SQUARE, KUALA LUMPUR
14 MARCH 2015 (SATURDAY)
(Please insert names of VIPs)
Tan Sri, Puan Sri, Datoâ??-Datoâ??, Datin-Datin,
Para peserta program Jualan 1Malaysia Grand Prix,
Para peserta program Mega FAM Tourism Malaysia,
Rakan industri, Rakan media,
Tuan-tuan dan puan-puan sekalian.
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Salam Sejahtera dan Salam 1Malaysia
OPENING / PLEASANTRIES:
1. Terima kasih kepada para hadirin sekalian kerana sudi meluangkan masa untuk menghadiri Majlis Makan Malam sempena Jualan 1Malaysia Grand Prix 2015 pada malam ini.
2. Majlis ini adalah masa untuk kita bersantai dan berkenalan antara satu sama lain, terutamanya dengan tetamu-tetamu khas program Mega FAM Tourism Malaysia yang dibawakan khas dari 11 buah negara dengan tujuan mempromosikan Jualan 1Malaysia Grand Prix yang diadakan sempena Formula One Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2015.
3. Saya turut mengambil kesempatan ini untuk merakamkan setinggi-tinggi penghargaan kepada semua yang terlibat dalam menjayakan majlis ini.
Ladies and gentlemen,
4. Thank you for being here today and joining us to liven up our hot summer night. I would also like to extend a warm welcome to the foreign travel agents and media from 11 countries, who are here under Tourism Malaysia Mega Fam Programme. Thank you for accepting our invitation to come to Malaysia.
5. It is indeed a pleasure for me to see many of you dressed in your best summer style, befitting this thematic dinner, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” coined after Shakespeare’s famous play.
6. As you all know, one of Malaysia’s biggest shopping festivals - the 1Malaysia Grand Prix Sale starts today! It is held ahead of the much anticipated international racing battle, the Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix that will be flagged off at the Sepang International Circuit from 27 to 29 March.
7. This GP Sale will only last for 22 days till 5 April. So, I hope you’ll not miss this opportunity to grab great bargains, big discounts, and choose from a wide range of products offered in participating malls throughout the country.
Ladies and gentlemen,
‘EXPERIENTIAL SHOPPING’ & MALAYSIA SALE CAMPAIGNS:
8. Our Mega Fam guests here have already had a feel of our “Experiential Shopping” packages earlier today. I hope all of you have had a fantastic time and will bring back fond memories of the time spent in the shopping hubs of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor or Putrajaya today.
9. Tourism Malaysia is promoting these ‘Experiential Shopping’ packages for both locals and foreign tourists to explore our shopping hubs here, with each offering something different and unique.
10. Tourists have a choice of shopping at the vicinity of Bukit Bintang; or the multiple award-winning Sunway Pyramid and enjoy the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park; or Bandar Utama and Mutiara Damansara which houses Southeast Asia’s largest rooftop garden, Asia’s largest climbing gym and KidZania.
11. Those who are interested in heritage-rich areas can opt for the “Heritage Street Shopping at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman” or Central Market. If you’re into outstanding architecture, verdant gardens and serene lakes, apart from modern malls, then you should go to Putrajaya, which is also Malaysia’s Federal Administrative Capital.
12. I believe these Experiential Shopping packages will further highlight the uniqueness of shopping in Malaysia. Together with the thrice-yearly nationwide sales, I am confident that Malaysia’s shopping sector is poised for further growth.
Ladies and gentlemen,
13. The next sale campaign after this GP Sale is the Mega Sale Carnival from 27 June to 31 August, followed by the Year-End Sale from 14 November to 3 January next year.
14. I strongly urge all our foreign guests to visit Malaysia again this year with your family and friends. Besides to catch these two big sales, we also have over 200 exciting events waiting for you to explore and experience as we are celebrating the Malaysia Year of Festivals or MyFest currently.
15. We want you to be a part of our ‘Endless Celebrations’,
which is the theme of MyFest. Indeed, multiracial Malaysia with
rich and colourful culture and heritage is never short of
celebrations all year round. From festive celebrations to the
appreciation of musical and cultural performances, as well as
world-class sporting events, the country is tuned to a high
celebrative mode this year.
16. I hope you’ll enjoy your short stay here and bring home fond memories of Malaysia. And before you leave the country, I also suggest you to check out the numerous duty-free shops at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. For your information, we are also actively promoting Malaysia as a luxury destination. In fact, the country is already wellknown for having luxurious goods that are duty free, such as watches and jewellery.
17. With that, I wish you all ‘Happy Shopping’, and have fun at this Midsummer Night’s Dream.