Floria Putrajaya 2010
Putrajaya – The Putrajaya Flower & Garden Festival, also known as FLORIA PUTRAJAYA will be held for the 3rd time by Perbadanan Putrajaya with the support of the Ministry of Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing. Perbadanan Putrajaya intends to repeat its previous success with more than 500,000 visitors expected to attend the festival. With the theme ‘Tropical Splendour, FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 offers a unique, enchanting and colourful floral and garden exhibition with creative and attractive designs from the government and private sector, corporate agencies, associations and flower growers as well as renowned international garden designers.
FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 will be held for nine days from the 10th to 18th of July 2010 at Putrajaya Lakefront, Precinct 2, Putrajaya. The festival will be open to public from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 midnight (Friday to Sunday). Admission is FREE.
The main objective of FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 is to promote Putrajaya as a “Garden City” and “Floral City”. It also proves Perbadanan Putrajaya’s commitment to develop Putrajaya as a Vibrant City which fulfills the socio-economic, recreational and aesthetic needs of its visitors and community, and society as whole. This festival also provides an excellent opportunity for the general public to experience and enjoy a beautiful and colourful floral exhibition. Visitors will be assured of an enjoyable and informative experience with a variety of competitions, games, demonstrations, talks and live entertainment.
The theme flower for FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 is the heliconia. Many species of heliconia will be on display in the exhibitions, floral arrangements, garden and landscape designs and decoration. Some of the heliconia species that will be exhibited include Alpinia (Ginger), Canna Costus (Crepe Ginger), Musacea (Banana) and Strelitziacea (Bird of Paradise). Besides experiencing the variety of flora on display, visitors will have the opportunity to improve their knowledge on garden care, gardening techniques and floral decorations for the home. This festival also provides an opportunity for growers, florists and landscape designers to introduce and showcase their products. For members of the landscape, horticulture and gardening fraternity, FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 opens up many opportunities for networking and business development.
Among the main attractions of FLORIA PUTRAJAYA 2010 are:
• The largest number of heliconias on exhibit
• A colourful array of more than 400,000 flowers in the Floral and Garden Exhibition
• Participation from associations and growers of Heliconia, Orchid, Bonsai and Annuals.
• 10 gardens and floral arrangements by international experts from Indonesia, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Canada, Taiwan, Holland, New Zealand and Serbia
• Nature photography and water color painting competitions
• A Floral Pavilion (Indoor Pavilion) containing 50 garden and landscape designs, together with floral arrangements such as Celebrity Musical Garden, Special Courtyard Garden, Tropical Paradise Garden, Twilight Garden and many others
• Exhibitions and creative garden design competitions for school and university students
There will be 45 stalls retailing landscape and horticultural products and 70 tents for entrepreneurs at ‘Laman Seni’ which exhibit and sell art and craft items. These will be complemented by 50 food and beverage stalls selling local and international cuisine. All in all, more than 100 activities have been organized, including talks, gardening workshops, competitions and live entertainment.