MALAYSIA TOURISM AWARDS 2016/2017
56 AWARDS PRESENTED TO RECOGNISE TOP TOURISM ORGANISATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS
PUTRAJAYA, 28 FEB 2018: The Ministry of Tourism and Culture presented 56 awards at tonight’s Malaysia Tourism Awards in recognition of those who have supported the industry’s continuous growth and development. The awards ceremony, held at Putrajaya International Convention Centre on 28 February, was attended by the local and international players and captains of the tourism industry.
The Malaysia Tourism Awards is the highest form of recognition by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture and Tourism Malaysia for industry players whose outstanding contributions have played a significant role in the success of Malaysia’s tourism industry.
Since its inception in 1987, the Malaysia Tourism Awards has evolved many times to reflect the changing tourism landscape. Initially called the Malaysia Tourism Gold Awards, it was later renamed the Malaysia Tourism Awards in 1993 to better reflect the distinction of the awards and the corporate image of Tourism Malaysia.
In 2000, the awards evolved from a locally-focused recognition to include the contributions of the international tourism fraternity towards Malaysia’s tourism industry. Recognition was given to foreign tour operators who diligently marketed Malaysia to their respective target audience, and members of the media who promoted Malaysia through their publications.
Another improvement to the awards was the creation of a MICE category in 2004. It was a timely move as Malaysia was gaining recognition as a destination for meetings and international conventions.
Subsequently, with the growing potential of homestay programmes as an attractive tourism product, a separate category was created to acknowledge the efforts of those involved in the promotion of this niche tourism product.
This 20th edition of the Malaysia Tourism Awards brought with it yet more improvements to better reflect the global landscape of tourism today.
This edition of the awards puts forth 14 categories and 52 sub-categories for nominations. Two new categories were introduced for this edition of the Malaysia Tourism Awards, namely, “Best Entertainment Spot” and “Best Airline” to acknowledge the private sector’s efforts in fulfilling the Tourism NKEA objectives of establishing a dedicated entertainment zone and enhancing connectivity from medium-haul markets to capitalise on the high-yield tourism market.
In addition, the “Best Travel Documentary on Malaysia” category was renamed “Best Travel Documentary and TV Commercial on Malaysia” while “Best Tourism Article” focused on articles on Malaysia in both printed and online media by local and international writers.
Nominations were open from 7 September until 15 October 2017, with nomination forms made available in both printed and digital formats, the latter downloadable from www.motac.gov.my and www.tourism.gov.my. The forms were also obtainable from Tourism Malaysia offices and 22 Tourist Information Centres (TICs) in Malaysia.
Submissions were received from the nominees through self-nomination, or by members of the tourism industry and the public, completed with nominee profiles as well as related supporting documents.
By the closing date, a total of 665 nominations were received across all 14 categories.
Tonight, a total of 52 awards were presented to deserving recipients in the following categories:
• Best Local Tour Operator
• Best Foreign Tour Operator
• Best Tourism Article
• Best Travel Documentary and TV Commercial on Malaysia
• Best Tourist Attraction
• Most Innovative Tour Package
• Best Hotel Services
• Best Tourist Guide
• Best Shopping Centre
• Best Homestay
• Innovative Restaurant
• Best Spa
• Best Entertainment Spot
• Best Airline
In addition, four special awards were presented to two individuals and two organisations, personally selected by the Prime Minister and the Minister of Tourism and Culture for their exceptional contributions and esteemed positions in the industry. The awards were for:
• Prime Minister’s Award (Individual)
• Prime Minister’s Award (Organisation)
• Minister’s Award (Individual)
• Minister’s Award (Organisation)
MALAYSIA TOURISM AWARDS 2016/2017
Best Tourism Article
1. Printed Publication
- Local Publication "Ini Di KL Lah…" - Suliati Asri
- International Publication "Multiculti Maleisie" - KLM Flying Dutchman
- Local "Saving Borneo's Wildlife : Sabah's Top Animal Centres" - Ramble And Wander
- International "The Hidden Maldives Of Malaysia : Mataking Island" - Tripzilla
Best Travel Documentary and Television Commercial on Malaysia
1. Documentary You, Me Malaysia - Discovery Networks Asia Pacific
2. TV Commercial Tahun Melawat Pahang 2017 - Perbadanan Kemajuan Filem Nasional Malaysia (FINAS)
Best Local Tour Operator
1. Inbound Tour Operator HTC Travel Services (M) Sdn Bhd
2. Domestic Tour Operator Perhentian Setia Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd
- Homestay Kg. Teluk Ketapang
- Homestay Labu Kubong
1. Hotel/Resort Tanjong Jara Resort Spa Village
2. Individual Premise Banyan Beauty Sdn. Bhd.
Best Shopping Centre
1. Integrated Shopping Centre Sunway Putra Mall
2. Stand-Alone Shopping Centre Komtar JBCC
Best Hotel Services
1. 5-Star (City) The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur
2. 5-Star (Resort) The St. Regis Langkawi
3. 4-Star (City) The Settlement Hotel
4. 4-Star (Resort) Laguna Redang Island Resort
5. 3-Star (City) Prescott Hotel KL Sentral
6. 3-Star (Resort) Borneo Rainforest Lodge
7. NBOS Fresh Air Resort Tanah Aina Resorts
8. Boutique Hotel Japamala Resort
1. International Airline Cathay Dragon
2. Local Airline (International Route) Air Asia
3. Local Airline (Domestic Route) Air Asia
Best Foreign Tour Operator
Southeast Asia Markets
1. Singapore WTS Travel & Tours Pte Ltd
2. Indonesia Raya Utama Travel
3. Brunei Pan Bright Travel Service
4. Thailand Sunmoon Tour & Travel. Co. Ltd
5. Other ASEAN Countries Vietnam Travel And Marketing Transports JSC - Vietravel
East Asia & North Asia Markets
1. China Century Holiday International Travel Service Co. Ltd
2. Other East Asia Countries (Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan) Lion Travel Service Co. Ltd (Taiwan)
3. North Asia (Korea) Hana Tour Service Inc.
4. North Asia (Japan) H.I.S Co. Ltd
South Asia & West Asia Markets
1. India Thomas Cook (India) Ltd
2. Other South Asia Countries (Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Nepal) Hemas Travels Pvt Ltd
3. West Asia Mobin Gasht Part Tour & Travel Agency
1. Europe TUI Germany
2. Americas (USA, Canada & Latin America) Indus Travels
3. Oceania Luxury Escapes
Most Innovative Tour Package
1. Off-The-Beaten Track Orou Sapulot 3D2N (Sticky Rice Travel Sdn Bhd)
2. Special Interest Birdwatching Tour Half Day (Natural History Tours Sdn Bhd)
Best Tourist Attraction
1. Natural Attraction/Eco-Tourism/Agro-Tourism Kilim Geopark
2. Man-Made Attraction – Theme Park Escape Penang
3. Man-Made Attraction – Arts & Culture North Borneo Railway
Best Tourist Guide
1. City Guide K.Muniesvaran A/L Kanniah
2. Nature Guide Wendy Chin Yoon Mun
Best Entertainment Spot Marini's On 57
1. Malay Restaurant Ikan-Ikan Restaurant (Four Seasons Resort Langkawi)
2. Chinese Restaurant Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant
3. Indian Restaurant Nadodi KL
4. Ethnic Restaurant Lepau Restaurant
5. International Restaurant Feringgi Grill (Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa)
1. Individual Anthony Wong
2. Organisation The Haven Ipoh
Prime Minister’s Award
1. Individual YAB Datuk Seri Utama Ir. Haji Idris Bin Haji Haron
2. Organisation Sunway Group
For more media releases, media info and media features on Malaysia’s tourism industry, kindly visit the Media Centre of Tourism Malaysia’s website at http://www.tourism.gov.my/
MALAYSIA TOURISM PROMOTION BOARD OR TOURISM MALAYSIA is an agency under the Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Malaysia. It focuses on the specific task of promoting Malaysia as a preferred tourism destination. Since its inception, it has emerged as a major player in the international tourism scene in 2016, Malaysia registered 26.8 million tourist arrivals, placing it among the major tourism destinations of the world.
Media Relations Unit:
Aliza Mansor, Senior Assistant Director, Corporate Communication Division
Tel: +603-8891 8789
Anis Rozalina Ramli (Ms), Senior Editor, Corporate Communication Division
Tel: +603-8891 8759