Dato' Seri Nazri YBM sp - Official Launch of TM Almaty
YB DATO’ SERI MOHAMED NAZRI ABDUL AZIZ
MIISTER OF TOURISM AND CULTURE MALAYSIA
OFFICIAL LAUNCH CEREMONY OF
TOURISM & TRADE SECTION
EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, ALMATY OFFICE
22 APRIL 2014, WEDNESDAY, 3.30PM
Members of the Kazakhstan Travel Trade Fraternity,
Member of the Media,
Ladies and Gentlemen.
1. I am delighted to be here this afternoon for this momentous occasion. We are embarking on a new venture that marks a significant milestone in forging a stronger relationship in travel and tourism with Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries.
2. I would like to bid all of you a warm welcome to this Launching Ceremony of the Tourism and Trade Section of the Embassy of Malaysia, Almaty Office. Your presence here despite your busy schedules clearly demonstrates your interest in Malaysia and your support to our promotional efforts here.
3. I would also like to take this opportunity to record my deepest appreciation to the Government of Kazakhstan and all the relevant parties for making it possible for Malaysia to have our tourism presence here.
Ladies and gentlemen,
4. The Tourism and Trade Section started its operations on 1 September last year, under the kind care and guidance of the Malaysian Ambassador to Kazakhstan H.E. Dato' Saw Ching Hong. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation to Dato’ Saw.
5. The opening of this office is a testimony of our commitment in attracting more tourists from not only Kazakhstan, but also other Central Asian countries like Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
6. I see a huge potential of CIS country as tourists from this part of the world have high spending and purchasing power, especially those from Kazakhstan. Therefore, the opening of this office goes in line with our Tourism Transformation Plan, which underlined the objective to attract more high yield visitors to the country to achieve our tourism target.
7. Last year, we received about 34,500 tourists from CIS countries. With the opening of our Almaty Office, we will work closely with travel industry players in this region to make Malaysia a top-of-mind holiday destination for travellers here.
8. I am confident that the presence of our office here will create higher awareness of Malaysia and our fascinating tourism offerings. We will be organising more fam trips to Malaysia to give tour operators and media here first-hand experience of the country. We need your assistance and support in promoting Malaysia especially during the ongoing Malaysia Year of Festivals 2015.
Ladies and gentlemen,
9. Once again, I would like to thank each and every one of you again for joining us in celebrating this significant milestone. I look forward to working closely with the tourism trade and members of the media here.
10. At this point, I would like to introduce you to Ms. Norliza Md. Zain, who heads this Tourism & Trade Section. I trust that some of you have already met and liaised with her. I believe she will do her best to assist the tourism industry players and media here who are interested to promote Malaysia, as well as travellers who intend to make Malaysia their next holiday destination.
11. With that, it gives me great pleasure to declare the official launch of the Tourism & Trade Section, Embassy of Malaysia, Almaty Office.