Candi Pengkalan Bujang (Site 19, 22 dan 23), Pengkalan Bujang
Candi Pengkalan Bujang is believed to have built in the 10th to 14th century, and is identified as an entrepot. The site was identified by Dr. Quaritch Wales during his scouting trips carried out from 1936 – 1937. Excavation works started in 1974 and were carried out by the Department of Museum and Antiquities. From 1986 to 1991, the Bujang Valley Archaeological Museum in collaboration with professors and students from the History Faculty, Universiti Kebangsaan malaysia carried out and excavation project at the complex in Mukim Bujang, especially at Site 23.
This lead to the discovery of six stupas in an area of 3.5 hectares. This excavation was carried out to obtain data on the variety of artifacts and compared it to the site at Sungai Mas. The architecture of the stupa had influences of Hinduisme – Buddhisme.